2020 Festival: More Topics to Entertain YouAugust 14 2020
If you have been hankering after a taste of the High Life recently, we have some great news: it’s coming to Wells in October! Those glamorous and interesting lives that other people seem to enjoy…what are they really like behind the scenes?
This year’s Festival allows us to have an intriguing peek – in a variety of very different ways.
- The Secret Life of the Savoy gives us a tantalising glimpse of high society in early 20th century London
- How Spies Think shows us how to make more sense of the world in a highly intelligent way
- Cecil Beaton: The Authorised Biography introduces us to the stylish ‘bright young things’ of the 1920s
- Robert Winder lifts the lid on the deceptively tough struggle for global dominance in Soft Power
- The enticingly romantic Spain of Salvador Dali is brought to life in Jeremy Vine’s first work of fiction The Diver and the Lover
These are just a few of the speakers confirmed for the Festival in October which will be a ‘hybrid’ Festival consisting chiefly of live events in Cedars Hall which will also be live-streamed to allow a wider audience to enjoy them than would be the case with social distancing.