Our aim is to promote a love of the written word, first by running an inspiring and entertaining Festival of Literature and secondly by using any profit to encourage the next generation to embrace that love of literature, through helping to fund and support educational projects in Wells and the surrounding area.
Our committee is run entirely by volunteers, and our funding comes solely from ticket sales, our Friends and the generosity of our sponsors. We owe our success to their invaluable support.
The costs of putting on a Covid-safe Festival, combined with a live-streaming option and reduced ticket sales thanks to the restrictions of social distancing, mean that we now need your support more than ever. If you would like to make a donation towards offsetting the shortfall in our 2020 income, we will be better placed to continue our on-going support of educational projects in local schools and colleges. You can donate via PayPal (below).
Become a Friend
The Wells Festival of Literature Friends scheme offers members the chance to become a Patron of the Arts and be more involved with all aspects of the Wells Festival of Literature. The scheme encourages our audiences to become actively engaged with what the Festival seeks to achieve, ensuring that we continue to provide a stimulating, entertaining and popular programme in the years ahead.
With the ongoing support of our Friends, we hope to increase our educational work, and so further extend the love of literature and learning among the young people of our county.
Benefits of Membership
- Priority booking: ticket sales for Friends will open a full week before general booking is available
- 10% Discount on Tickets
- Event invitation – to an exclusive pre-Festival event which takes place in early July when the Festival programme is made public
- Brochure mailing: delivered hot off the press straight to your home!
- Friends will automatically be added to our mailing list to receive email updates from the Festival
Single Friend £30, Joint Friends £50.
If you would rather pay by cheque or by standing order, you can download the Friends application form.
Terms and Conditions
We are always looking for sponsors to help with funding for the Festival. There are many ways you can support us – from sponsoring an event (or several) to providing a service or product for use during the Festival. There are a range of packages and opportunities available.
Sponsors and Supporters of the 2020 Festival
We would like to thank all our supporters for their generosity and encouragement this year.
A special mention must go to Chubb Bulleid, our principal sponsor once again. Their generous support across the whole Festival has proved invaluable, especially at this uncertain time.
In addition, we would like to express our gratitude to everyone who helps out in so many ways including:
- The Friends of Wells Festival of Literature
- Bitten Spider – Website Design
- Cedars Hall staff
- Jo Shepherd – photographer
- Mendip Ladies Group
- Mendip Times
- St Andrews Press
- Starry Dog Books
- Wells Chamber of Commerce
- Wells Journal
- Wells Voice
- WFL brochure delivery team
- WFL Stewards
Our Sponsors for 2020
- Chubb Bulleid
- Basil Powell Shoes
- Geraldine Peacock
- Golden Bottle Trust
- Old Mill
- Pilgrim Financial Planning
- Priory Dental
- RCR Partnership
- The Unpackaged Travel Company
- Wells Cathedral School
- Westholme Publishing
- Priority booking + 10% discount on 4 tickets to each event
- Complimentary tickets to the sponsored event
- Opportunity to purchase hospitality tickets
- An invitation to special events
- Publicity on marketing materials
- Event sponsors receive a signed copy of the book
To find out more about the rewards of Festival sponsorship, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org