Book for Children Rules
- You have read, understood and agreed to the WFL Competition Terms and Conditions.
- The fee for each separate entry is £6. Competitors may submit any number of entries.
- All entries must be anonymous. Do not put your name or contact details within your entry/ies. Your name and contact details are recorded via a form.
- Type your entry 1.5 or double-spaced text.
- Put the title and page number on each page of each entry.
- Stories entered in this category should be aimed at readers aged 7+; this allows entrants to write either middle grade or teenage novels. We require either the first two chapters or first twenty pages, whichever is the shortest, together with the synopsis of up to two pages and the age range of the book specified.
- Both the synopsis and the story should be saved in the same document for online entries.
- NB: Shortlisted authors may be asked to send in their complete manuscript.