2019 Festival: Chris Patten’s Event Sold OutAugust 28 2019
Tickets for Chris Patten’s First Confession on Saturday 26 October at 2 pm have now sold out, with further events looking set to follow. Which one will sell out next? No one knows for sure; there are several contenders.
Here’s a small sample of the huge variety of topics on offer during the Festival:
- Finding out why the multi-talented comedian, poet, writer and father Henry Normal describes himself as ‘a cross between Leonard Cohen and Daffy Duck. All the humour and frivolity of Leonard Cohen and all the spiritual depth of Daffy Duck.’
Henry Normal – Friday 18 October 8pm
- Hearing the truth from Jonathan Rugman about Jamal Kashoggi’s assassination
Jonathan Rugman – Saturday 19 October 3.45pm
- Sharing the toe-curling embarrassment of making a hash of things – even if, unlike the hilarious Keggie Carew, you’ve never actually bought a camel by mistake
Keggie Carew – Monday 21 October Literary Lunch 12.30/ Talk 2pm
- Meandering with Jasper Winn in a leisurely fashion along Britain’s canals
Jasper Winn – Tuesday 22 October Literary Lunch 12.30/Talk 2pm
- Raging internally about how the long-held notion that women have an inferior brain was ever given credence. Gina Rippon’s debunking of the theory is a triumph!
Gina Rippon – Wednesday 23 October 8pm